7. Licensee’s Conduct on the Site and other Restrictions
7.1 If Licensee provides any information to Licensor, Licensee will provide Licensor with true, accurate, current, and complete information. Licensee will promptly update Licensee’s information to keep it accurate, current, and complete.
7.2 If Licensor issues Licensee a password, Licensee may not reveal it to anyone else. Licensee may not use anyone else’s password. Licensee is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Licensee’s account and password. Licensee agrees to immediately notify Licensor of any unauthorized use of Licensee’s password or account or any other breach of security. Licensee also agrees to exit from Licensee’s accounts at the end of each session. Licensor will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if Licensee fails to comply with these requirements.
7.3 Licensee will be responsible for all activity occurring under Licensee’s account and will comply with all applicable local, state, and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with Licensee’s use of the Services, including without limitation, laws and regulations governing data privacy, international communications and transmission of technical or personal data.
7.4 The technology and the software underlying the Site and the Services are the property of Licensor and/or Licensor’s affiliates, suppliers and partners. Licensee agrees not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying the Site or the Services. Licensee agrees not to modify the software underlying the Site in any manner or form or to use modified versions of such software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, Licensee agrees that Licensee will not use the Site to take any of the following actions:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal right of Licensor or others;
- Publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, “Transmit”) any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, misleading, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
- Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person’s computer, Licensor’s sites, any software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless Licensee has Licensor’s written consent to do so;
- Transmit surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, chain letters or other unsolicited messages;
- Download any file that Licensee knows or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any area within the Site;
- Interfere with or disrupt Licensor’s sites, servers, or networks;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or circumvent any security mechanism used by the Site;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any Licensor representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Licensee’s affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or to manipulate Licensee’s presence on the Site;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on Licensor’s infrastructure;
- Engage in any illegal activities; or
- Collect, store or transmit personal information about individuals or any information that is subject to applicable privacy laws or regulations, including but not limited to, any Protected Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations.
7.5 If Licensee chooses a username or avatar, or posts content, that, in Licensor’s sole discretion, is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might otherwise subject Licensor to public disparagement or scorn, Licensor reserves the right, without prior notice to Licensee, to automatically change Licensee’s username or avatar, delete Licensee’s posts from Licensor’s sites, deny Licensee access to Licensor’s sites, or any combination of these options.
7.6 Unauthorized access to the Site is a breach of this Agreement and a violation of the law. Licensee agrees not to access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Licensor for use in accessing the Site. Licensee agrees not to use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, or copy any part of the Site, except those automated means that Licensor has approved in advance in writing.
7.7 Licensee may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
7.8 Use of the Site is subject to existing laws and legal process. Nothing contained in this Agreement will limit Licensor’s right to comply with governmental, court, and law-enforcement requests or requirements relating to Licensee’s use of the Site, which may include disclosing Licensee’s Content to the applicable authorities.